What should I do in case I’m in an accident?
Accident scenes can be very shocking, especially right after the impact occurs. Try to remain calm and do the following:
- Stop your vehicle. If you drive away, you could be charged with a “hit and run.”
- If you are blocking traffic in a dangerous place, pull off to the side of the road or into a well-lit parking lot.
- Contact the authorities. Try to assess the scene if anyone else is hurt. Otherwise, wait for the ambulance and/or police.
- Turn off your engine and wait for assistance.
- Be courteous to all parties.
- If you suspect the other driver may be drunk, do not confront him or her. Tell the police and let them handle the situation.
- Make sure you are as calm as possible before making any statements or talking to the police.
- Take photos before you leave the scene.
- Avoid making statements about responsibility to the other driver, witnesses, police or anyone else. Do not state that you are at fault, even if you think you may have caused the accident.
- Contact your insurance company once you are calm and have gathered pertinent information. They will likely interview you on the spot and request photos.
- Acquire a copy of the police report.
- Call us for assistance with repairs to your vehicle.
What should I do after an accident?
Here are some tips for dealing with the aftermath of an accident.
- Do not drive your car if it is unsafe. If you can safely drive your vehicle, bring it to us as soon as possible.
- If you cannot operate your car, truck or SUV, call us and we can tow your vehicle.
- Remember that you have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company or the other drivers insurance cannot require you to go to a particular repair shop.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. It is your vehicle, you deserve the highest quality repairs. Read the fine print and consider carefully before you accept the lowest repair estimate.
What if my insurance company says I have to get three estimates or that I have to go to another shop and meet with their adjuster?
Tell them NO and you are dropping your car off at the shop of your choice to get repaired and the adjuster can inspect your car there with the bodyshop manager. It is your car and you have the right to get your car fixed where you want. We work for you, not the insurance company.
Can you communicate with my insurance company to work out the details?
Absolutely. We take care of the estimate and notify you when the vehicle can go in for service. Most times, the insurance company will pay us directly so you don’t have to worry about payment. You will likely have to pay a deductible depending on your insurance. Contact us today to learn more about the process.
How Long Will It Take To Repair My Vehicle?
Once you have authorized repairs, we will order your parts and start the repairs immediately. It also depends on the amount of damage and work to be done. We will give you an estimated number of days to complete the repair process. REMEMBER, you can also follow the repairs through our website. Simply click the Repair Status key to follow the repairs .
How do I know that I am getting the best service?
We know what we’re doing and consistently offer the very best customer service. Our technicians also continue their education in the automotive arena, consistently learning about the latest innovations in body repair. The technicians here are I–CAR trained and ASE Certified. These credentials ensure that you get quality repairs by knowledgeable automotive professionals.
Do you charge for estimates?
No. We provide free estimates as a courtesy to our customers.
Do I need to make an appointment for an estimate?
No, you can drop by during normal business hours (Monday -Friday 8-5:30). Or we can set up an appointment that is convenient for you , Remember with our Online Estimate option located on this site , you can upload 1-3 photos and your vehicle information and we will be back in touch with you usually with in 24 hours
Are the repairs guaranteed?
Yes. We provide a written guarantee of workmanship and a lifetime warranty on all auto body repairs and painting.
Will The Repairs Void My Warranty?
No, not at all. These repairs will be warranted by K`s Paint & Body Shop and the remainder of your warranty will will be intact
Can You Reserve Me A Rental Car ?
Yes , our body shop works in conjunction with Enterprise and Hertz rental car companies here in Waco . We will be happy to coordinate your needs.
These rental car companies will pick you at our facility and then drop your off when the repair is complete.
We also offer local shuttle service to your office or home if you are not renting a vehicle during the repair process.